BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND YouTube Layouts »

Thursday, November 21, 2013

My Favorite Skating Obstacle: The Element Flat Bar


A rail that every skater needs to experience for themselves…
 For the longest time I used to only skateboard in my driveway; doing the same stuff (ie skating back and forth) over and over, which got really repetitive.  I mean don’t get me wrong I love skating anywhere and anything to do with skateboarding.  But after a while only skating back and forth in the driveway and trying tricks here started to become a little bit of the same old same old.  I must admit I still do occasionally skate in the driveway because it is still fun even to do that, just not all the time – aka everyday without any other options.  So to change things up one Christmas I asked for an Element Flat Bar and received the Element Flat Bar. I set up the Element Flat Bar on the driveway and never looked back.  I have had this Element Flat Bar for about 3 years now (maybe longer) and I have really enjoyed this rail.  It’s just a simple 6-foot flat bar and can be a lot of fun to skate.  You can practice and learn a majority of rail tricks right on your own driveway.  You don’t have to go to a skatepark or try and turn another obstacle into a rail that isn’t supposed to be one. The Element Flat Bar is a great rail to practice on and it really can benefit your skateboarding abilities to have your own obstacles to practice on because they are more available to you.  Like I said I set mine up on the driveway so I would just come home every day after school and practice on it. I had basically turned my own driveway into a mini skatepark.  However because of the harsh Canadian winters when the snow starts to fall i set up my Element Flat Bar in my garage.  What can I say, the Element Flat Bar is a very nice and solid flat bar that is solid and well built and has lasted me for over three years and is still holding up strong.  However, if I had to say something about the Element Flat Bar that I didn’t really like it would be when you start to skate it the design on the top starts to peel off (the top of the rail is covered in Element logos).  But it is a small problem I had and you can always buy new stickers to put on it.  Overall, I am really happy with the Element Flat Bar and would recommend it to anyone who wants their own skate rail.
Element Flat Bar

0 comments: